There have been quite a numbers of 'lasts' for us during the past week. There have been some tears but also, I hope, some celebrations and some laughter! I have so appreciated your kind words and care. You, the Kemble, Sarawak, Zion-Keppel Pastoral Charge, have shaped me, molded me and helped to form me as a minister. And so here is my last list:
Joanne's top 10 list what she has learned as the minister in your midst:
10. Ministry happens anywhere - at a coffee shop, a kitchen table, in a barn or even a movie theatre.
9. Two or three people singing and praying in the candlelight is a God-filled moment.
8. There can be a time when winter tires are an answer to a prayer!
7. I don't always have to know the answer to every question I am asked.
6. I genuinely like country fiddle music! (But don't tell my family!)
5. Sometimes just sitting with someone is ministry - God's Spirit fills the spaces.
4. I hurt when you hurt.
3. I have experienced a deeper understanding of Christian love shared in community.
2. I will never forget you all, even when I am covenanted to another Pastoral Charge.
1. God is here. God will be with me when I leave, and you as you stay. God isn't finished with any of us yet!
With gratitude and humble thanks