This will be one of the last few 'columns' I will write for the website, and I have been pondering how I might 'sum up' all have have learned, experienced and enjoyed in my time serving in ministry in the pastoral charge. It might seem cliche, but the idea of writing some 'top ten' lists really captured my imagination.
After all, it seemed to work for Moses, although these will certainly not be written in stone or on tablets!
So here is my first list of 'top tens'.
Joanne's top 10 things she will miss about ministry in the Kemble, Sarawak, Zion-Keppel Pastoral Charge:
10. The drive to church.
Even in the worst weather, nothing could beat that view of the Sound and Georgian Bay.
(at least when I could see it!)
9. The 'lunch after worship at Zion. The pickled beets at Sarawak. Dessert at Kemble UCW.
8. The willingness of all three congregations to 'try anything once'.
7. Getting to sing at least nine hymns every other Sunday.
6. All three church buildings, from Sarawak's acoustics to Kemble's stained glass and Zion's refurbished pulpit and more.
5. The energy of God's Spirit that enlivens worship and work here.
4. Outdoor worship, especially Easter Sunrise at Big Bay and the garden service at
3. The strong sense of community and real support you give each other - and me.
2. The welcome and acceptance I was given by an amazing Church family.
1. Each and every one one of you.
No list could ever encompass all that I will miss here. No list can truly capture all that I feel as I prepare to leave.
What I do know is that God is with me, and with you, as we enter a time of change and transition in so many ways. Where there seems to be an ending, God will open up possibilities for new life and transformation.
May we all go forward with hope and trust!