With the busyness of the 'big move' last weekend, I did not get back to the website to share my next 'top ten', so this is a "double double" offering!
Joanne's top 10 list of highlights as the minister in your midst:
10. Sharing with you in joy: baptisms, birthdays, anniversaries and special shared meals.
9. Sharing with you in sorrow/worry: funerals and hospital visits, coffees and conversations.
8. Making music with you in many ways, especially joining in with Vi and Glen at Zion-Keppel Christmas dinners and with Stan Beckett at Kemble Lions Christmas dinners.
7. The gift of a one-of-a-kind stole at our Covenanting service.
6. Reading your prayers when we have shared them on paper in worship.
5. Helping to decorate the Sarawak Christmas tree and the Kemble church.
4. Holding your children and grandchildren, and sometimes holding each other's hands.
3. Teaching you the Easter dance! And dancing with you!
2. Watching you come together as a faith family in times of celebration and support, whether that was at funerals or to help move households or to worship with each other.
1. Getting to know each and every one one of you.
And the next top ten list:
Joanne's top ten list of 'firsts' as your minister:
10. Needing to brake for wild turkeys (on the drive to Zion)
9. Stopping for cows (on the way to Sarawak)
8. Labyrinth walking outdoors by candlelight
7. Church bonfire in December
6. Hearing country fiddle music in worship
5. Presiding at a wedding after being licensed by the province
4. Presiding at a baptism
3. Preparing a funeral for someone I knew and cared for
2. Covenanting with a Pastoral Charge
1. Experience as an Ordained Minister in the United Church
I write with a heart full of gratitude for the gift all of you have been to me,
and thank God for calling me to minister with you.